#141 Blogpost — Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Posted by Denny Hatch
THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE
IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Welcome to the party!
Over the recent horrific years of COVID-19, face masks, wholesale hospitalizations and deaths, political upheavals, riots, canceled travels and hug-free two-dimensional Zoom gatherings, I had an epiphany. It was the discovery that when I was laughing and having a hilarious time, my daily dose of angst, anger, worry and fear vanished.
The challenge: how could I share laughter with others and do my darnedest to make the world a happier place?
What sparks laughter? Jokes for one thing.
I decided to dig deep and came up with 87 of the best jokes -- thigh-slappers -- I managed to remember over my past eighty-six years. (NOTE: These are for adults. Most are R-rated.)
• You will start with a YouTube link to the Funniest Joke (IMO) in the History of the World. (If you know a funnier one, I’d love to hear it!)
• Okay, 87 jokes do not make a book. What else is out there that makes people happy? In prowling the endlessly fascinating millions of hours available in the YouTube universe, I stumbled across two minutes and 31 seconds that changed my life.
IN PERFORMANCE: MARC GINSBURG
YouTube Search Bar Key Words:
Marc Ginsburg museum song
Google Key Words:
Museum Song Lyrics
• You’ll discover Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs comes alive with more than 112 unforgettable YouTube performances by beloved entertainers of the last 100 years. Included: Danny Kaye, Noel Coward, Tom Lehrer, Dame Patricia Routledge, Julie Andrews, Phil Harris, Elaine Stritch, Martyn Green, Sutton Foster, Robert Preston to name but a few.
• Think of it! With a mouse click you can generate more than six hours of world-class entertainment on any device from small to huge: iPhone, iPad, laptop, desktop -- all the way up to those splendid, wall-sized smart TVs. What’s more, it’s all free!
Oops... Patter Song-and-dance Masters
Right after I finished Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs and sent it off to the publisher, I suddenly realized a huge omission -- the five masters of the patter-song-and-dance. I quickly added them to the anthology. Here's a favorite. NOTE: In the history of motion pictures, this is the only instance where Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly appeared together.
IN PERFORMANCE: FRED ASTAIRE, GENE KELLY
YouTube Key Words:
Astaire Kelly Babbitt and Bromide
Google Key Words:
Babbitt and Bromide Lyrics
An Added Bonus
• In case you itch to learn these songs and possibly perform them, Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs provides access to the Full Lyrics.
• These jokes and patter songs are true dazzlers -- on stage, at the dinner table, in your living room, on Zoom or as audience wake-ups in PowerPoint presentations.
In short, I loved creating Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs. I guarantee you’re gonna love owning it. So will theatrical producers, your friends, family and business associates whom you will continually delight with your new repertoire of humor, songs and zaniness. It’s a hoot!
P.S. Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs is most fun when you have a DIGITAL EDITION (E-Book, Nook Book or Kindle). All the links to patter songs are live. Click on one and you have immediate YouTube performances (more than 6 hours of grand entertainment)!
P.P.S. A breakthrough publishing experience with the SOFTCOVER EDITION. No data entry needed. Your voice commands bring you instant entertainment!
You can take it from Print to Rapturous Live Entertainment with the sound of your voice--glorious patter song performances by 112 of the greatest stars of stage, cabaret & TV!
How it works (Try it, you’ll love it!)
1. On your iPhone, iPad, Laptop, Desktop or Smart TV remote, go to YouTube.
2. Press the Microphone icon.
3. Dictate slowly and clearly the YouTube Key Words:
“Buddy Hackett Duck Joke”
“Marc Ginsburg Museum Song”
4. Click on the YouTube Album cover.
5. Sit back and enjoy the show!
PPS. Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs is available online:
Barnes & Noble
Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs
Compiled and Written by Denny Hatch
Softcover | 8.25 x 11 in | 154 pages ISBN 9781665709170 | $12.99
E-Book | 154 pages | ISBN 9781665709163 | $2.99
Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Word count: 622
Note to Readers:
May I send you an alert when each new blog is posted? If so, kindly give me the okay by send ing your First Name, Last Name and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I guarantee your personal information will not be shared with anyone at any time for any reason. The blog is a free service. No cost. No risk. No obligation. Cancel any time. I look forward to being in touch!
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE POSTING A COMMENT… EMAIL ME! I'LL HELP!
Google owns Blogspot.com and this Comment Section. If you do not have a Google account — or if you find it too damn complicated — contact me directly and I will happily post your comment with a note that this is per your permission. Thank you and do keep in touch. email@example.com
Invitation to Marketers and Direct Marketers:
Guest Blog Posts Are Welcome.
If you have a marketing story to tell, case history, concept to propose or a memoir, give a shout. I’ll get right back to you. I am: firstname.lastname@example.org
215-644-9526 (rings on my desk).